Friday, October 5, 2007

lack of progress report

So now I have a big blister on my right heel because my shoe has a worn spot, almost like a hole, on the inside part of the shoe where my heel rubs. Now, I would think that because there is a "hole" there, it would be more comfortable for my foot instead of less, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The blister hurt too much to wear the shoe last night, so I wasn't able to use the treadmill. I showed the shoe to Ben, and he said it can be repaired with that good old American fix-all, duct tape, so I may try to do that today.

I couldn't find any nice green grapes when I went to the grocery store yesterday, so the only fresh fruit I currently have in the house is apples. That doesn't seem like enough (any) variety to me. There wasn't enough low-fat granola left for me to have for breakfast this morning.

I made the mistake of weighing myself again after only three days on the treadmill, and instead of losing weight, I had gained .5 pounds. I tried on the next smaller size of my jeans, and they still don't fit me.

This is the type of minutiae I get bogged down in when I try to focus on my healthier lifestyle. But I will persevere. What choice do I have?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo for the use of the "great American fix-all"--as you know, I swear by it! :)

Ben said...

The duct tape seemed to work well on the bad shoe. In the morning I will try placing some on the bad scale. Then I shall go out and buy some grapes, granola, and the world's tiniest violin...

anne mancine said...

Andrew - I see that all it took was the mention of duct tape to drag you out of your lurker status. ;)

Welcome!