Thursday, January 3, 2008

vital statistics

Today is my birthday. I was born on January 3, 195-. (I am not embarrassed about my age, but Ben says it is not a good idea to post that type of information on the internet - as if it wasn't available anyway.) I am 5' 7" tall, unless I have begun to shrink already. I weigh, well, more than you might think I would, but twenty pounds less than I did three months ago. (And hopefully, twenty pounds more than I will in a few more months.)

My eyes are brown and my hair is, in transition, let us say. I am not sure what color it will be when it grows out, but I see a lot of gray at the temples. I have freckles on my shoulders and across my nose, and age spots blossom on my arms and legs from many years of laying in the sun.

I don't think I take an inordinate amount of medication for someone my age, but together with my vitamins and supplements and aspirin, it is definitely more than I would like to take. I collected five bottles from around the house, including Lovastatin, baby aspirin, multi-vitamins, calcium tablets and fish oil "softgels". I take them all daily, with the exception of the fish oil, which I have a hard time remembering.

Every day I walk Rufus and exercise and read and write and cook and knit. It seems like a very full schedule to me, but some time soon I will have to add finding a job to that list. Until then, I will remain as I am, unemployed, and healthy in body and spirit. Not bad for a 50-something-year-old.