Monday, July 16, 2007

the nice part

In A Man Without A Country, Kurt Vonnegut wrote of his Uncle Alex, who frequently remarked, "if this isn't nice, I don't know what is". Vonnegut encouraged us to make this same observation ourselves, as often as possible.

So, at the prospect of waking up a little later each morning, tending my garden, walking my dogs, reading those books I can never quite get to, and even *gulp* trying to write a little bit myself, I say, "if this isn't nice, I don't know what is".

And I most sincerely hope it will be nice. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Sounds nice to me! I'm really excited that you're blogging :) You should have that good-lookin' son of yours whip you up a really nice blogger template ;)

anne mancine said...

Something like "pimp my blog"? ;)

Thanks for your kind words, btw. This is a scary decision that I did not make without a lot of soul-searching. And I certainly could not have made it without Ben's full support. Right now, I am just trying to hang on through the end of the week.

tom said...

It looks like you're off to a great start here. Can't wait to read what the days bring once you cast off the shackles :)

Good luck with the blogging and congratulations again on escaping the job!