Thursday, May 15, 2008

the merry month of may

We may have had a more beautiful spring than this one, but if so, I don't remember it. The weather has been the perfect blend of warm and sunny to make everything bloom, with cool and rainy to keep the flowers blossoming longer. Everything is so lush and green right now - I think this is what the Pacific Northwest must look like.

May has been my favorite month of the year for a long time. What's not to like? The whole world is green and blooming, the temperature is perfect ("ideal," the thermometer outside my kitchen window reads), there is no humidity when the sun is shining, and there are almost no bugs. Maybe I am noticing it more because I am at home every day to appreciate it. Whatever the reason, I am loving it.

Rufus wants to go outside now, and so do I. Hope you are enjoying this spring as much as I am.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Thanks! I am enjoying this spring. Why, it's almost been nice enough this year to make me like spring more than fall. ;-)

These blustery warm days have made me think again of flying kites. Flying kites with my dad, with my childhood friends, with you, with the kids. In spring it's nice just being outside, feeling the breeze on your face again. Welcome, spring!